These gooey Oreo eyeballs feature the classic sandwich cookie, colorful candy pieces, and red icing gel. They’re scarily sweet and the perfect spooky Halloween dessert for any party!
Oreo eyeballs are a unique treat that will definitely stand out on your Halloween dessert table.
The individual ingredients are familiar sweets, but they come together to create something festive and spooky for the season.
This recipe works because it’s:
- Perfect for a spooky Halloween party or a quick snack for kids.
- A quick and easy treat with a few simple steps.
- An out-of-the-ordinary way to use familiar ingredients.
Remove the tops from 8 Oreo cookies, leaving the white frosting intact. Set the tops aside.
Add one Lifesaver gummy upside down to the center of the frosting on each cookie and place a brown or black M&M in the center of each gummy candy.
To give the eyes a bloodshot look, draw 4 squiggle lines with red icing gel from the bottom of each gummy candy to the edges of the cookies, at a slight angle.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
Make sure you put the Lifesaver gummy upside down so the words aren’t showing to give the eyeballs a more realistic look.
If you want the M&M’s to be extra secure, you can “glue” them down with some of the red icing gel or a little melted chocolate.
More Like This
Looking for more festive no bake Halloween treats? You’ll love these!
- Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
- Ghoulish Nutter Butter Ghosts
- Brew-tiful Witch Hat Cookies
- Spooky-Cute Pretzel Spider Webs
- Spider Donuts
Yes, if you can’t find Lifesaver gummies or don’t like the flavor, you can use red, green, or blue icing gel. Just be careful to squeeze it in a circle on the Oreo so it looks like the colored part of an eye.
And definitely don’t use the hard Lifesaver candies. They will be too hard to eat!
If you don’t like the idea of buying a bag of M&M’s just to pick out the brown ones, you can try these alternatives:
-Halloween-themed M&M’s (if you can find them!)
If you can’t find the red icing gel, you can use an edible ink marker or some melted red candy wafers that you squeeze on with a piping bag.
I hope your family loves these fun Oreo eyeballs. If you make them, be sure to take a picture and tag me on Instagram with @ashcroftfamilytable and use the hashtag #ashcroftfamilytable!
And if you’d like to get a 4-week meal plan featuring my recipes, just enter your email in the form above and you’ll get it straight to your inbox!
- 8 Oreo cookies
- 8 Lifesaver gummies
- 8 M&M candies, black or brown
- 1 tube red icing gel
- Remove the tops from the Oreo cookies, leaving the white frosting intact. Set the tops aside.*
- Add one Lifesaver gummy upside down to the center of the frosting on each cookie and place a brown or black M&M in the center of each gummy candy.
- To give the eyes a bloodshot look, draw 4 squiggle lines with red icing gel from the bottom of each gummy candy to the edges of the cookies, at a slight angle.