These yummy mummy Rice Krispie treats feature the classic pre-made bars drizzled with white chocolate and finished with candy eyes. They’re semi-homemade and a great Halloween dessert for kids!
I wanted to try out some new Halloween treats this year, and I have to say these mummy Rice Krispie treats were an easy first choice.
They are a sweet and chocolatey goody for the spooky season.
Plus they’re so effortless, your kids can help you make them!
This recipe works because it’s:
- Quick and easy to make with only 3 simple ingredients.
- Great for a crowd. You can use this recipe for a Halloween party, a charcuterie board, or a family night!
- A familiar sweet with a few fun and festive tweaks.
Unwrap 9 Rice Krispie treats and place them lengthwise on a baking rack over a large sheet pan.
Melt 8 ounces of white chocolate wafers according to the package directions and add the melted chocolate to a piping bag.
Cut the tip off the piping bag and squeeze the chocolate from the piping bag over the bars in a zig-zag motion.
Once the treats are drizzled with chocolate, add two candy eyes near the top of each bar and gently press them in place.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
I decided to make this recipe as easy as possible and just use store-bought Rice Krispie treats, but you could definitely make homemade rice krispie treats.
I used some leftover white chocolate wafers I had on hand, but you could definitely use white chocolate chips or any of these candy wafer substitutes.
If you don’t have professional piping bags, you can use regular sandwich bags! Just place the bag over a small cup and fill it with the melted chocolate.
The amount you cut off the tip of the piping bag will determine how big the drizzles are. If you want them smaller, cut just the tip off. If you want them thicker, you can cut higher up on the bag.
The zig-zags don’t have to be perfect. Have fun with it and don’t make them too precise!
The easiest way to place the eyes is to drop them on. If you want to try to place them in a specific place they could fall into the chocolate because they’re so small. Just hold them right above where you want them placed and drop them.
Add some lollipop sticks to these treats for a fun twist!
More Like This
Looking for more festive no bake Halloween treats? You’ll love these!
- Spooktacular Oreo Bats
- Ghoulish Nutter Butter Ghosts
- Brew-tiful Witch Hat Cookies
- Halloween Snack Mix
- Spider Donuts
Candy eyes can be a bit tricky to find around Halloween time, so if your local stores are all out you can try:
-Mini chocolate chips
-White chocolate chips turned upside down with a dot of black writing gel in the middle
I hope your family loves these mummy Rice Krispie treats. If you make them, be sure to take a picture and tag me on Instagram with @ashcroftfamilytable and use the hashtag #ashcroftfamilytable!
And if you’d like to get a 4-week meal plan featuring my recipes, just enter your email in the form above and you’ll get it straight to your inbox!
Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
- 9 Rice Krispie Treats
- 8 ounces white candy melts
- 18 candy eyes
- Unwrap Rice Krispie treats and place them lengthwise on a baking rack over a large sheet pan.
- Melt white candy melts according to the package directions and add the melted chocolate to a piping bag.
- Cut the tip off the piping bag and squeeze the chocolate from the piping bag over the bars in a zig-zag motion.
- Once the treats are drizzled with chocolate, add two candy eyes near the top of each bar and gently press them in place.