A mom of three and fellow home cook. I love pasta, grilled chicken and anything sweet. I’m here to give you easy weeknight dinners for your family. Let’s get cooking!
This recipe for Cheesy Kielbasa Pasta features delicious smoked sausage, tender rigatoni noodles, and a savory cheese sauce. It’s done in 30 minutes in one pan so you can get dinner on the table in no time!
When 5 o’clock rolls around sometimes the last thing I want to do is spend an hour in the kitchen cooking over a hot stove.
It’s nights like these that I’m especially grateful for quick and easy dinners!
Like this cheesy kielbasa pasta dish.
This recipe works because it’s:
- A one-pan meal. You’ll only need a large skillet to make the entire dish.
- Done in under 30 minutes!
- Great for any taste buds. The mild taste of the sausage and the extra cheesiness on the pasta will please even the pickiest of palates.
- Just a few ingredients. Only 8 to be exact.
- So easy to make. Let your kids help brown the kielbasa, add the pasta, and sprinkle the cheese.
This recipe was adapted from Inspirational Momma.
SLICE 16 ounces of kielbasa sausage into even sized circles.
SPRAY a large skillet with cooking spray and cook kielbasa and 1 tablespoon of onion powder over medium until the sausage is lightly browned.
ADD 1 (14 ounce) can of chicken broth (about 2 cups) and 8 ounces of uncooked rigatoni pasta to the skillet and stir to combine.
BRING the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium.
CAREFULLY remove a few tablespoons of the warm broth from the pan and slowly whisk them into 1/2 cup of milk. When the milk is warm, add it to the skillet.
SIMMER the mixture for about 15 minutes or until pasta is thoroughly cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
REDUCE the heat to low and stir in 1 cup of shredded Colby jack cheese until melted. Sprinkle an additional 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
There are several substitutions you can make to this recipe to suit your personal tastes/what you have on hand:
- Switch out the kielbasa for a turkey sausage, andouille, or a hot smoked sausage.
- Try one of these chicken broth substitutes.
- Use any type of medium-length pasta like rotini or penne.
- Add some extra creaminess by using half and half instead of the milk.
- Any shredded cheese will do like cheddar or a Mexican blend.
The mixture will combine best if you use a full-fat milk like whole milk. The less fat you have in the milk, the more likely it is to curdle in the pan. And don’t forget the step to temper the milk to help avoid curdling too.
More Like This
Looking for more easy one pan dishes? You’ll love these!
- Greek Yogurt Alfredo Fettuccine
- One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
- Spaghetti with Olive Oil and Garlic
I hope your family loves this cheesy kielbasa pasta recipe! If you make it, be sure to take a picture and tag me on Instagram with @ashcroftfamilytable and use the hashtag #ashcroftfamilytable!
And if you’d like to get a 4-week meal plan featuring my recipes, just enter your email in the form above and you’ll get it straight to your inbox!
- 16 ounces kielbasa sausage
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups shredded Colby jack cheese, divided
- Slice kielbasa sausage into even sized circles.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and cook kielbasa and onion powder over medium heat until the sausage is lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth and uncooked rigatoni pasta to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Carefully remove a few tablespoons of the warm broth from the pan and slow whisk into the milk. When the milk is warm, add it to the skillet.
- Simmer the mixture for about 15 minutes or until pasta is thoroughly cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in 1 cup of the shredded cheese until melted. Sprinkle an additional 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 1188mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 21g