A mom of three and fellow home cook. I love pasta, grilled chicken and anything sweet. I’m here to give you easy weeknight dinners for your family. Let’s get cooking!
This Cheesy Chicken and Linguine recipe combines Italian tomatoes, shredded cheese, buttery chicken, and warm linguine noodles for a tasty pasta dish that comes together in under 30 minutes.
Pasta was a go-to dinner for our family growing up and this cheesy chicken and linguine recipe was one my mom made often.
You usually have to let pasta sauces simmer for 20+ minutes, but this pasta recipe is so quick and easy, the entire meal will be done in less than 30 minutes!
Pair it with a vegetable and some garlic bread and you have a restaurant-quality meal for a fraction of the price, but with the same delicious homemade taste.
How to Make this Cheesy Chicken and Linguine Recipe – Step by Step
COOK 16 oz linguine according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, HEAT 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet. DICE chicken into bite-size pieces and brown in the hot butter until thoroughly cooked. Remove & keep warm.
STIR, into the pan, 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup and a little tomato juice from 1 (14 oz.) Italian diced tomatoes. STIR to dissolve juices on the bottom of the pan.
ADD 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Gradually MIX in tomatoes and juice, stirring until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy.
ADD chicken and heat through. ADD salt and pepper to taste and serve over warm linguine.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
If you would like to stretch the sauce, you can add another can of Italian tomatoes. The sauce will be more red than pink.
If you don’t have Italian tomatoes on hand, you can use regular canned tomatoes and just add in a few shakes each of garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and basil, or any Italian seasoning combo.
If you don’t have linguine on hand, you can always use any pasta for this dish. Pasta tastes the same no matter what shape it’s in!
If you don’t like chunks of tomatoes, you can use petite diced or even try crushed for a smoother sauce.
To keep your pasta from sticking together after you drain it, add a swirl of olive oil to the pasta and stir to combine.
More Like This
Want more pasta dishes? You’ll love these!
- Cheesy Chicken Macaroni Casserole
- Easy Spaghetti with Chili Sauce (aka Cincinnati Chili)
- Simple and Delicious Creamy Pasta Bake
- The Perfect Lemon Basil Pasta
- Lasagna made with Cottage Cheese
I hope your family loves this chicken and linguine recipe! If you make it, be sure to take a picture and tag me on Instagram with @ashcroftfamilytable and use the hashtag #ashcroftfamilytable!
And if you’d like to get a 4-week meal plan featuring my recipes, just enter your email in the form above and you’ll get it straight to your inbox!
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, thawed and trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian diced tomatoes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat butter in a large skillet.
- Dice chicken into bite-size pieces. Brown chicken in hot butter until thoroughly cooked. Remove & keep warm.
- Stir soup and a little tomato juice into the pan. Stir to dissolve juices on the bottom of the pan.
- Add cheese and stir until melted. Gradually stir in tomatoes and juice, stirring until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy.
- Add chicken and heat through. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve over warm linguine.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 446mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 34g