This Spinach Strawberry Salad with Almonds features fresh greens tossed with a sweet poppyseed dressing and topped with strawberries, dried cranberries, and almonds. It’s a delicious and simple salad that’s great for a potluck!
I love a good salad with lots of delicious flavors!
I put this spinach strawberry salad together the other day and was pleasantly surprised by how flavorful it was with almost no effort!
My strawberry spinach salad with almonds works because it’s:
- Great for crowds. This recipe makes a large bowl of salad and can easily be doubled for feeding an even bigger crowd.
- Simple to put together. It takes no time to chop the lettuce and strawberries and throw everything in a bowl with bottled poppyseed dressing.
- Texture rich. You’ll taste juicy, crunchy, and creamy in every delicious bite.
- Full of summer flavors. The ripe strawberries, fresh greens, and tangy dressing makes for a perfect summer salad.
- Won’t get as soggy. Because the spinach mixes with the lettuce, you won’t get a wilted salad.
CHOP 1 large head of romaine lettuce into thin strips. Wash and dry the lettuce and 3 large handfuls of spinach. Chop 10 strawberries into quarters.
ADD the greens to a large mixing bowl and toss with 1/2 cup of your favorite poppyseed dressing.
TOP the greens with the chopped strawberries, 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1/4 cup sliced almonds, and 1/2 cup feta cheese.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
The following ingredients would make great additions to this salad:
- Chopped avocado
- Crumbled bacon
- Sliced apples
- Grilled chicken slices
You can substitute candied pecans or walnuts for the almonds in the salad.
If you’re not going to be serving this right away but want to prep the produce beforehand, you can chop the lettuce and strawberries and add the lettuce to the bowl with the spinach. When you’re ready to serve, add the dressing and toppings.
More Like This
Looking for more fresh salads? You’ll love these!
I hope your family loves this spinach strawberry salad with almonds! If you make it, be sure to take a picture and tag me on Instagram with @ashcroftfamilytable and use the hashtag #ashcroftfamilytable!
And if you’d like to get a 4-week meal plan featuring my recipes, just enter your email in the form above and you’ll get it straight to your inbox!
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 3 large handfuls spinach (about 3 packed cups)
- 10 strawberries
- 1/2 cup bottled poppyseed dressing
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Chop romaine lettuce into thin strips. Wash and dry the lettuce and spinach. Chop strawberries into quarters.
- Add the greens to a large mixing bowl and toss with poppyseed dressing.
- Top the greens with the chopped strawberries, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, and feta cheese.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
2 Pack Black Kitchen Tongs
AmazonBasics 14-Piece Kitchen Knife Set with High-Carbon Stainless-Steel Blades and Pine Wood Block
Organic Bamboo Cutting Boards for Kitchen Set of 3
Farberware Easy to use pro Pump Spinner with Bowl, Colander and Built in draining System
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 231mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 4g