Healthy Greek Yogurt Alfredo is a lightened up version of the popular Italian dish. Your family will love the cheesy, tangy flavor of the pasta, and you won’t have to worry about going back for seconds (or thirds)!
My husband’s aunt made dinner every Sunday for all of the college kids during the first few years of our marriage.
This recipe for healthy Greek yogurt alfredo, or faux fettuccine as she calls it, was one of my favorites.
I loved the flavor of the pasta especially because it wasn’t as rich as traditional fettuccine alfredo.
It wasn’t until I saw the recipe that I realized the pasta got it’s distinct flavor from plain yogurt!
I’ve altered the recipe to include Greek yogurt instead of plain, and the flavor is just as good.
Not only is this a healthy alternative to the traditional recipe (only 410 calories for a full 2 ounce serving), but you’ll also get extra protein from the yogurt to keep you full for longer!
COOK 16 ounces of fettuccine according to package directions.
WHILE pasta is cooking, combine 2 cups Greek yogurt, 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well.
DRAIN the pasta once done and return to pan. Add 1/2 cup butter to pasta and mix until butter has melted.
ADD the yogurt mixture to the pasta and toss well to combine.
TRANSFER pasta to a serving platter and sprinkle with additional parsley before serving.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
If you don’t love the flavor of Greek yogurt or don’t have any on hand, you can substitute plain yogurt.
Once you’ve drained the pasta, don’t mix it anymore with a pasta spoon. You’ll break down the noodles which makes for a mess. I find that using tongs or a wooden spoon is the best way to mix the yogurt into the pasta.
You can substitute shredded Parmesan for grated Parmesan if you prefer, you would just need to recalculate the calories for the different cheese if you’re tracking those.
More Like This
Looking for more easy pasta recipes? You’ll love these!
- Creamy Gnocchi with Tomatoes
- Spaghetti with Olive Oil and Garlic
- Italian Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Cheesy Chicken and Linguine
- Creamy Pasta Bake
- Lemon Basil Pasta
I hope your family loves this Greek yogurt alfredo recipe as much as mine! If you make it, be sure to take a picture and tag me on Instagram with @ashcroftfamilytable and use the hashtag #ashcroftfamilytable!
And if you’d like to get a 4-week meal plan featuring my recipes, just enter your email in the form above and you’ll get it straight to your inbox!
Healthy Greek Yogurt Alfredo
- 16 ounces fettuccine
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 1½ cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, plus additional for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup butter
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, combine greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Drain the pasta once done and return to pan. Add butter to pasta and mix until butter has melted.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the pasta and toss well to combine. Transfer the pasta to a serving platter and sprinkle with additional parsley before serving.