Baked to perfection, these cinnamon chocolate chip blondies are the perfect blend of cinnamon sugar and two different kinds of chocolate chips. These irresistibly moist and flavorful bars are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Prepare to fall in love with this irresistible twist on the classic blondie!
These moist and chewy bars are the perfect combination of warm cinnamon spice and rich chocolatey goodness.
I was so happy when I discovered this recipe from my mother-in-law years ago because I almost always have the ingredients in the pantry. They are so easy to through together for a party or event.
So, whether you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing dessert or a sweet treat to enjoy with a cold glass of milk, these cinnamon chocolate chip blondies are sure to satisfy your cravings.
This recipe works because it’s:
- Great for a crowd. This recipe serves 20. So it’s perfect for a party or potluck.
- Based around pantry staples. You likely have most of the ingredients on hand already.
- Super moist and decadent. The shortening in this recipe makes these dessert bars extra moist and chewy for the perfect bite!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Add the ¾ cup shortening, 1 cup sugar, and ½ cup brown sugar to a medium mixing bowl and cream together for 2-3 minutes with a hand mixer.
Beat the 3 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla into the sugar mixture.
Stir in the 2 ¼ cups flour, 1 Tablespoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and ½ teaspoon salt into the wet ingredients until just mixed.
Then, fold in ¾ cup chocolate chips.
Spread the mixture into the prepared pan.
Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar topping and gently tip the pan back and forth to spread the topping.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Let cool and cut into bars.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
There’s a sweet spot for creaming fats and sugar together and it’s right between 3-5 minutes (depending on the amount of sugar and fat). If you go under that, your mixture will be gritty; if you go over the time you’ll beat all of the air out.
When mixing the batter, be careful not to overmix. Overmixing can result in dense and tough blondies. Mix the ingredients until just combined to maintain a soft and tender texture.
Allow the blondies to cool completely in the baking pan before cutting them into squares. This will help them set and hold their shape, resulting in clean and neat slices.
For an extra touch of sweetness and presentation, dust the cooled blondies with a light sprinkle of powdered sugar before serving. It adds a lovely finishing touch!
If you don’t have shortening on hand, you can substitute it with an equal amount of unsalted butter or solid coconut oil.
More Like This
Looking for more dessert bar recipes? You’ll love these!
- Banana Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Crowd-Pleasing Cherry Bars Recipe
- Apple Streusel Bars
- Mint Brownies With Chocolate Ganache
Once the blondies have cooled completely, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 to 4 days.
You can also refrigerate them for a longer shelf life, extending it to about a week.
If you prefer, you can individually wrap and freeze the blondies for up to 2 to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw them before serving.
Brownies and blondies have similar textures and recipe processes. However, blondies are lighter in both color and taste.
Blondies usually feature vanilla and brown sugar, while brownies typically feature cocoa powder and chocolate.
Blondies should be chewy and gooey (but not raw) in the middle and firm around the edges.
Love these cinnamon chocolate chip blondies? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below. If you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment at the end of the post. Thanks for visiting!
And if you’d like to get a 4-week meal plan featuring my recipes, just enter your email in the form above and you’ll get it straight to your inbox!
Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Blondies
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, white and milk chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Add shortening, sugar, and brown sugar to a medium mixing bowl and cream together for 2-3 minutes with a hand mixer.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla to the sugar mixture.
- Stir in the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt into the wet ingredients until just mixed. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar topping and gently tip the pan back and forth to spread the topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Let cool and cut into bars.