A mom of three and fellow home cook. I love pasta, grilled chicken and anything sweet. I’m here to give you easy weeknight dinners for your family. Let’s get cooking!
This Chicken Power Bowl features crisp lettuce, roasted veggies, almond wild rice, juicy chicken, and a cilantro dressing. It’s a healthy and delicious dinner the whole family will love!
One of my favorite restaurant dishes is the Chicken Almond-Wild Rice bowl from Aubergine Kitchen.
I had it for the first time in spring 2020 and I’ve been obsessed with it ever since!
Since it’s not practical to eat out every night of the week, I decided to recreate the bowl so I could have it whenever I wanted.
I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out, especially since my family loved it too!
There’s a good balance of made from scratch and store-bough elements in this recipe so you’ll get the homemade taste without spending the entire night on dinner.
PREHEAT your oven to 425 degrees.
PEEL and chop 2 sweet potatoes into bite-size pieces. PLACE the sweet potato pieces in a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and some salt. ARRANGE the sweet potatoes onto a large sheet pan in an even layer and set aside.
WASH, dry, and cut one head of broccoli and one head of cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. PLACE the broccoli and cauliflower pieces in a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and some salt and pepper. ARRANGE the broccoli and cauliflower onto a large sheet pan in an even layer.
ROAST the sweet potatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower in the oven until tender and crisp (usually 20-30 minutes). CHECK the vegetables and flip for even cooking every 10 minutes.
WHILE the vegetables are roasting, cook 2 boxes of wild rice according to the package directions. ADD 1/4 cup sliced almonds before serving.
CUT 2 chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and pan fry in 1 tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with 2 tablespoons of lemon pepper seasoning while they cook.
WHILE everything is cooking, wash and chop 1 head of romaine lettuce.
ASSEMBLE the chicken power bowls with lettuce first and then an even amount of broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, chicken, and wild rice. TOP the bowls with a creamy cilantro lime dressing.
A chicken power bowl is a one bowl meal that features “power foods” which are physically and mentally satisfying.
This chicken power bowl consists of small amounts of crisp lettuce, roasted veggies, almond wild rice, juicy chicken, and a cilantro dressing.
Part of the fun of power bowls is getting to customize it, so feel free to swap out ingredients for your favorites!
This chicken power bowl recipe has 436 calories per serving if you use 1.5 tablespoons of dressing.
While it may be more calories than other dishes, you’re getting all of the nutritious macros you need in one bowl which will keep you full long after you eat.
Power bowls can be healthy if you’re using nutritious ingredients.
This recipe contain all of the macros you need to sustain a healthy diet and since half the bowl is made of vegetables, a quarter is made of carbs, and a quarter is protein, this chicken power bowl is considered a healthy balanced meal.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
This recipe has a lot of different steps, but once you get all of the ingredients cooking, you’ll just need keep an eye on everything. These power bowls are so delicious and worth every step!
The combination may sound a little odd, but all of the flavors work together so well! If you’re worried about the dressing, you can always swap it out for a creamy poppy seed, ranch, or balsamic vinaigrette.
I totally missed this ingredient from the original bowl, but you can also add some pico de gallo to these Buddha bowls for even more flavor.
You can easily make this recipe vegetarian by omitting the chicken.
I went the easy route with wild rice mixes, but feel free to make the almond wild rice from scratch.
I used Brianna’s Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing for this recipe, but you can use your favorite store-bought brand or make your own from scratch!
More Like This
Looking for more healthy and delicious recipes? You’ll love these!
- Zucchini, Black Bean, and Rice Skillet
- Crustless Broccoli and Ham Quiche
- Italian Ground Turkey Patties with Vegetables
- Grilled Sausage Kabobs
- Grilled Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken
And if you’d like to get a 4-week meal plan featuring my recipes, just enter your email in the form above and you’ll get it straight to your inbox!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 (4.3 ounce) boxes long grain & wild rice
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- Creamy cilantro lime dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into bite-size pieces. Place the sweet potato pieces in a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt. Arrange the sweet potatoes onto a large sheet pan in an even layer and set aside.
- Wash, dry, and cut broccoli and cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Place the broccoli and cauliflower pieces in a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper. Arrange the broccoli and cauliflower onto a large sheet pan in an even layer.
- Roast the sweet potatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower in the oven until tender and crisp (usually 20-30 minutes). Check the vegetables and flip for even cooking every 10 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the wild rice according to the package directions. Add sliced almonds before serving.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and pan fry in 1 tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with lemon pepper seasoning while they cook.
- While everything is cooking, wash and chop romaine lettuce.
- Assemble the bowls with lettuce first and then an even amount of broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, chicken, and wild rice. Top the bowls with a creamy cilantro lime dressing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
LE TAUCI Pasta Bowls 45 Ounce, Ceramic Salad Bowl, Large Serving Bowl Set - Set of 4, White
Farberware Easy to use pro Pump Spinner with Bowl, Colander and Built in draining System
Utopia Kitchen 11 Inch Nonstick Frying Pan - Induction Bottom
Organic Bamboo Cutting Boards for Kitchen Set of 3
AmazonBasics 14-Piece Kitchen Knife Set with High-Carbon Stainless-Steel Blades and Pine Wood Block
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 436Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 1301mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 10gSugar: 10gProtein: 21g