A mom of three and fellow home cook. I love pasta, grilled chicken and anything sweet. I’m here to give you easy weeknight dinners for your family. Let’s get cooking!
This Chicken and Asparagus Pasta Bake is as simple as they come! Just 6 ingredients and 5 minutes in the oven and you’ll have a tasty dinner for your family.
If you’re looking for a quick pasta dish, this recipe is for you!
I always hate when recipes call for you to cook all of the ingredients before hand, combine them in a casserole dish, and then bake it for even more time in the oven.
While you will have to turn on your oven for this recipe, it’s only to broil the chicken and asparagus pasta for 5 minutes!
This is such an easy, and tasty, dinner that I know your family will love.
And it may even get your kids to eat their vegetables!
COOK a 16 oz. box penne pasta according to package directions.
WHILE the pasta is cooking CUT 2-3 chicken breasts into cubes and COOK in a frying pan until done (about 7 minutes each side). SPRINKLE each side with the garlic and herb seasoning.
COOK one 12 oz. bag frozen asparagus in the microwave (only if the bag is steamable). Once done, CUT the spears in thirds.
ADD all the chicken, pasta, asparagus, and 1/4 cup olive oil to a 9 x13 pan and STIR to combine.
TOP with 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan and BROIL for 5 minutes or until cheese is golden.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
My cheese got a little too toasty for these pictures, so you can set your broiler for low and check it every minute until the cheese is melted to avoid super crunchy cheese.
I’ve never done this, but you can make this recipe extra cheesy by adding some Parmesan to the dish when you mix everything together as well as on top.
This recipe is easiest if you use the frozen asparagus you can cook in the microwave. Feel free to use raw asparagus, it will just take longer to cook.
The asparagus will be piping hot when you pull them out of the microwave, so cook it while the chicken is still cooking so they have time to cool down before you need to cut them.
If you don’t have penne on hand, you can use any small shape pasta for this recipe.
More Like This
Want more Casserole dishes? Try These!
- Chicken and Broccoli Casserole with Mayo
- Simple and Delicious Creamy Pasta Bake
- Posh Squash (The Yummiest Zucchini and Yellow Squash Casserole)
- Best Ever Lasagna Made With Cottage Cheese
I hope your family enjoys this delicious chicken and asparagus pasta! If you make it, be sure to take a picture and tag me on Instagram with @ashcroftfamilytable and use the hashtag #ashcroftfamilytable!
And if you’d like to get a 4-week meal plan featuring my recipes, just enter your email in the form above and you’ll get it straight to your inbox!
- 2-3 chicken breasts, thawed and trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen asparagus
- 1 (16 ounce) box penne
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- Cook the penne pasta according to package directions. Drain once done.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut the chicken breasts into cubes and cook in a frying pan until done (about 7 minutes each side). Sprinkle each side with the garlic and herb seasoning while cooking.
- Cook the asparagus according to package directions (use the microwave only if the bag is steamable). Once done, cut the spears in thirds.
- Add the chicken, drained pasta, asparagus, and olive oil to a 9 x13 pan and carefully stir to combine.
- Top with the parmesan cheese and broil in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is golden.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
AmazonBasics 14-Piece Kitchen Knife Set with High-Carbon Stainless-Steel Blades and Pine Wood Block
Utopia Kitchen 11 Inch Nonstick Frying Pan - Induction Bottom
Cuisinart 76610-26G Chef's Classic 10-Quart Stockpot with Glass Cover
Organic Bamboo Cutting Boards for Kitchen Set of 3
Pyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish, Clear 8.9 Inch X 13.2 Inch - 3 Qt
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 173mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 20g