This Chicken and Asparagus Pasta Bake features tender pasta mixed with asparagus, chicken, and cheese. With just 6 ingredients and 5 minutes in the oven and you’ll have a tasty dinner for your family.
If you’re looking for a quick pasta dish, this recipe is for you!
I always hate when recipes call for you to cook all of the ingredients before hand, combine them in a casserole dish, and then bake it for even more time in the oven.
While you will have to turn on your oven for this recipe, it’s only to broil the chicken and asparagus pasta for 5 minutes!
This is such an easy, and tasty, dinner that I know your family will love.
And it may even get your kids to eat their vegetables!
Cook a 16 ounce box of penne pasta according to package directions.
While the pasta is cooking, cut 2-3 chicken breasts into cubes and cook in a frying pan until done (about 7 minutes on each side). Sprinkle each side with garlic and herb seasoning while cooking.
Cook one 12 ounce bag of frozen asparagus in the microwave (only if the bag is steamable). Otherwise, cook according to package directions. Once done, cut the spears in thirds.
Add the chicken, pasta, asparagus, and 1/4 cup olive oil to a 9 x13 pan and stir gently to combine.
Top the pasta with 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan and broil in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
You can set your broiler for low and check it every minute until the cheese is melted to avoid super crunchy cheese.
You can make this recipe extra cheesy by adding some Parmesan to the dish when you mix everything together as well as on top.
This recipe is easiest if you use the frozen asparagus you can cook in the microwave. Feel free to use raw asparagus, it will just take longer to cook.
The asparagus will be piping hot when you pull them out of the microwave, so cook it while the chicken is still cooking so they have time to cool down before you need to cut them.
If you don’t have penne on hand, you can use any medium-shaped pasta for this recipe.
If you’re out of any of the ingredients, try these substitutes:
More Like This
Looking for more yummy pasta dishes? Try These!
- Chicken Caesar Salad with Pasta
- Cheesy Chicken Macaroni Casserole
- Cheesy Tomato Chicken Linguine
- Pesto Tortellini with Vegetables
Love this chicken and asparagus pasta bake? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below. If you really like the recipe consider leaving a comment at the end of the post. Thanks for visiting!
And if you’d like to get a 4-week meal plan featuring my recipes, just enter your email in the form above and you’ll get it straight to your inbox!
Simple Chicken and Asparagus Pasta Bake
- 2-3 chicken breasts, thawed and trimmed of fat
- 2 Tablespoons garlic and herb seasoning
- 12 ounces frozen asparagus
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- Cook the penne pasta according to package directions. Drain once done.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut the chicken breasts into cubes and cook in a frying pan until done (about 7 minutes each side). Sprinkle each side with the garlic and herb seasoning while cooking.
- Cook the asparagus according to package directions (use the microwave only if the bag is steamable). Once done, cut the spears in thirds.
- Add the chicken, drained pasta, asparagus, and olive oil to a 9 x13 pan and carefully stir to combine.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese and broil in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.