Try this crispy chicken BLT salad with avocado, crispy bacon, fresh lettuce, juicy tomatoes, and crunchy croutons. It’s a delicious and healthy alternative to the traditional sandwich.
When I was trying to lose weight after my second baby, I got sucked into the low carb craze.
I replaced all bread, pasta, and rice with lettuce leaves and cauliflower.
I made this salad often during that time because it was a healthy alternative to the traditional BLT sandwich.
I’ve since given up my low carb obsession, but I still love to serve this salad for dinner because it’s so tasty and easy to make!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure.
Add 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup milk, 3/4 teaspoon of dried dill, 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/2 teaspoon dried chives, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to a mason jar, cover and shake well.
Add lemon juice to the dressing 1 teaspoon at a time until the flavor and consistency are how you want. If the dressing is too thick, you can add some milk a little at a time to thin it out.
Cook 5 crispy chicken strips according to package directions (I used the air fryer). Let cool and then slice and set aside.
Cook 4 strips of bacon in a frying pan. Place on a paper towel to drain then set aside.
While the chicken and bacon are cooking, rinse and chop 1 head of romaine lettuce; 10 ounces of cherry or grape tomatoes, 1 cucumber, and 1 avocado. Once the bacon is cooled, chop it into small pieces.
Add all of the ingredients to a large salad bowl or serving platter, starting with the lettuce and ending with 1 cup of croutons.
Serve with ranch dressing.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
I’ve substituted turkey bacon for regular bacon several times and it’s just as yummy!
There’s really no way to avoid bacon splattering all over when you cook it, but I find that when I use this electric skillet with a lid, the sides are just high enough to keep the popping to a minimum. I also use it on my countertop which saves me from cleaning bacon grease off the stove and microwave.
If you’re not a fan of ranch dressing, you can make this Tasty balsamic vinegar dressing.
I recently updated this recipe to include the crispy chicken strips. It gives the salad just enough protein that you can get away with serving this as the main dish (which I always do)! If you’d like it to be a side dish, you can omit the chicken strips and keep most of the protein with the main dish.
If you’re out of certain ingredients, try these substitutions:
- Substitutes for mayonnaise
- Substitutes for sour cream
- Substitutes for dill
- Substitutes for parsley
- Substitutes for onion powder
If you’re serving this salad as a side dish, it pairs well with:
- English Muffin Pizzas
- Cheesy Chicken Macaroni Casserole
- Grilled Sausage Kabobs with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
More Like This
Looking for more tasty salad recipes? You’ll love these!
- Chicken Caesar Salad with Pasta
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Summer Rotini Pasta Salad
- Cilantro Chickpea Salad
- Winter Green Salad with Pomegranate
I hope your family loves this BLT salad with avocado recipe! If you make it, be sure to take a picture and tag me on Instagram with @ashcroftfamilytable and use the hashtag #ashcroftfamilytable!
And if you’d like to get a 4-week meal plan featuring my recipes, just enter your email in the form above and you’ll get it straight to your inbox!
BLT Salad With Avocado
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried chives
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1-3 teaspoons lemon juice, adjust to taste
- 5 strips crispy chicken
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 10 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cup croutons
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, dried dill, dried parsley, dried chives, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a mason jar, cover, and shake well.
- Add lemon juice to the dressing 1 teaspoon at a time until the flavor and consistency are how you want. (If the dressing is too thick, you can add some milk a little at a time to thin it out).
- Cook crispy chicken strips according to package directions (I use the air fryer). Let cool and then slice and set aside.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Place on a paper towel to drain then set aside.
- While the chicken and bacon are cooking, rinse and chop the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado. Once the bacon is cooled, chop it into small pieces.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large salad bowl, starting with the lettuce and ending with the croutons. Serve with ranch dressing.