This Banana Smoothie with ice features fresh bananas, creamy yogurt, and sweet brown sugar. It’s a tasty and refreshing drink for your breakfast or brunch!
My parents would make this banana yogurt smoothie for us growing up and it was always a treat whenever they did.
This recipe is so sweet and tasty and that’s because of the addition of the brown sugar!
These banana smoothies with ice work because they’re:
- Quick and easy. You’ll only need 5 common ingredients and a few minutes to make these delicious drinks.
- Adaptable. You can use fresh or frozen bananas for this recipe.
- A great way to get rid of ripe bananas. Do you have some bananas sitting around that are getting a little too ripe? Throw them in this smoothie!
CRUSH 4-5 ice cubes in a blender.
ADD 2 cups of vanilla yogurt, 2 ripe medium bananas (broken in pieces), 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla to the blender, cover, and blend on high until well combined.
POUR into glasses and finish with a dash of ground nutmeg.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
These smoothies are thick so if you’d like them to be a little runnier, just add some milk to the blender until you get your desired consistency.
You could use frozen bananas for this smoothie and eliminate the ice, if needed.
I like to use the Oikos Triple Zero vanilla yogurt for this smoothie because it has 0g of added sugars and provides 15g of protein per cup!
Here are some variations you can try for this banana smoothie:
- Replace the brown sugar with 1/2 cup honey or one of these honey substitutes.
- Add in a few tablespoons of peanut butter and some oats for even more protein.
- Replace the yogurt with two scoops of vanilla ice cream for a sweet milkshake. You’ll need to add milk in with this variation to help thin it out.
More Like This
Looking for more refreshing drink recipes? You’ll love this Meyer Lemonade recipe!
In this case where there’s no frozen fruit involved, the ice adds a frosty element to keep the smoothie cold and refreshing.
It also adds more volume to the smoothie without adding an extra calories.
Yes! You’ll just need to combine the fresh bananas with ice in your smoothie for a frosty texture.
I hope your family loves this banana smoothie with ice recipe! If you make it, be sure to take a picture and tag me on Instagram with @ashcroftfamilytable and use the hashtag #ashcroftfamilytable!
And if you’d like to get a 4-week meal plan featuring my recipes, just enter your email in the form above and you’ll get it straight to your inbox!
Brown Sugar Banana Smoothie with Ice
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 2 ripe medium bananas, broken in pieces
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Crush 4-5 ice cubes in a blender.
- Add yogurt, bananas, brown sugar, and vanilla to the blender, cover, and blend on high until well combined.
- Pour into glasses and finish with a ground nutmeg.