A mom of three and fellow home cook. I love pasta, grilled chicken and anything sweet. I’m here to give you easy weeknight dinners for your family. Let’s get cooking!
This grilled balsamic bruschetta chicken is the perfect summer dinner, featuring a juicy chicken breast topped with melted cheese, fresh bruschetta, and a delicious balsamic glaze. Yum!
We grew up grilling multiple times a week during the summer and this dinner was highly requested.
As soon as my mom got fresh tomatoes from her garden, she would make this chicken bruschetta recipe, and we would gobble up every bite.
I’ve tweaked the recipe a little to add the balsamic glaze and I think it’s the perfect addition.
But because I know you’ve got several hungry mouths to feed, this recipe calls for bottled vinaigrette and glaze to save you time.
It’s truly the easiest grilled balsamic bruschetta chicken ever!
PLACE 3-4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag. Add 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette dressing and seal the bag.
TURN the bag over several times to evenly coat chicken with dressing. Refrigerate for 10 minutes while you heat the grill to medium heat.
REMOVE the chicken from bag and discard bag and dressing. Place chicken on grill and cook for 6 minutes.
WHILE the chicken is cooking, combine the remaining of the 1/4 cup dressing, 1 finely chopped large tomato, and 1/4 cup fresh basil.
TURN chicken over and grill another 8 minutes or until chicken is done (when the internal temperature reaches 165ºF). During the last 2 minutes, SPRINKLE each chicken breast with some of the 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
TOP each grilled chicken breast with a spoonful of the bruschetta mixture and DRIZZLE with some bottled balsamic glaze.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
You can use whatever tomatoes you prefer or have on hand for this balsamic bruschetta chicken recipe, just make sure they are firm and not mushy or your bruschetta will get too watery.
To maximize the flavor of the chicken, you can marinate it overnight, but if you’re short on time, just stick to 10 minutes in the fridge.
If you don’t want to deal with shredded mozzarella cheese, you can use slices of provolone or even fresh mozzarella.
More Like This
Looking for more summer recipes? You’ll love these!
- Grilled Sausage Kabobs
- Meyer Lemonade Recipe
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Baked Beans with Brown Sugar
- Baked Beans with Ground Beef and Bacon
Bruschetta is an Italian appetizer consisting of toasted bread topped with olive oil, chopped tomatoes, and herbs.
In terms of this recipe, the bruschetta refers to the tomato and basil mixture that’s placed on top of the chicken.
Since bruschetta chicken is light and fresh, I like to serve this recipe with sides like roasted vegetables, simple pasta, and crusty bread.
Here are a few ideas:
– Zucchini with Scrambled Eggs
– Lemon Basil Pasta
– Tri Color Pasta Salad
– Tuna Rotini Pasta Salad
– Garlic Bread
That depends on how particular you are!
Professional chefs proclaim that fresh basil should always be torn and never chopped. Chopping basil breaks open the cell membranes which leaches out the flavor.
If your basil will be cooked in a sauce or baked, tearing or cutting won’t make that much of a difference. If you plan to use the basil in it’s raw form in a salad, try tearing the leaves and see if you notice the difference.
I hope your family loves this balsamic bruschetta chicken recipe! If you make it, be sure to take a picture and tag me on Instagram with @ashcroftfamilytable and use the hashtag #ashcroftfamilytable.
And if you’d like to get a 4-week meal plan featuring my recipes, just enter your email in the form above and you’ll get it straight to your inbox!
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bottled balsamic glaze, to taste
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Add 2 tablespoons of the dressing and seal the bag. Turn the bag over several times to evenly coat chicken with dressing. Refrigerate for 10 minutes while you heat the grill to medium heat.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard bag and dressing. Place chicken on grill and cook for 6 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking combine the remaining dressing, tomatoes, and basil.
- Turn chicken over and grill another 8 minutes or until chicken is done (165ºF). During the last 2 minutes, sprinkle each chicken breast with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Top each grilled chicken breast with a spoonful of the bruschetta mixture and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 311mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 40g